Account Manager – Performance Products, Midwest (BH 927)
Our client is seeking a chemical sales professional in the Midwest, Chicago area preferred.
Location, Territory and Travel:
- Home-based position, overnight travel to 50%.
- Will interface with lots of different functions including purchasing and R&D.
A wide variety of specialty and commodity chemicals sold into diverse markets such as HI&I, Industrial, Water Treatment, etc.
- Science degree is not required but would be a plus. Four-year degree is required.
- Needs ~3+ years of industrial chemical sales experience
- They are somewhat flexible on products and markets as long as they have a solid basic understanding of chemistry.
- Should have experience selling to technical people and purchasing.
- Candidate should have had a stable job history.
The real focus is on personal characteristics:
- They need someone with an adaptive personality who knows how to talk to people at all levels: manufacturing, purchasing etc. and to sell internally to upper management.
- Must be curious and committed to discovering the customer needs. Must be able to ask great questions and drill down to find out all the applications that the customer has that could use their products.
- They need to see a solid professional image: business savvy, a certain level of professionalism /sophistication. Excellent communication skills.
- Must be energetic, committed and passionate.
- Should be skilled at building relationships
Compensation: Competitive base salary, annual bonus, company car and full benefit plan.