Technical Service Manager, Nutritional Ingredients (BH 936)
Any Major Metro area in the US – home based position.
Our client, an extraordinarily fast-growing, dynamic manufacturer of specialty ingredients, is seeking a Technical Service Manager to support commercial activities in the nutrition/ dietary supplements space.
If you or someone you know has a PhD (perhaps a Masters) in a related field, and familiarity with nutritional applications in the area of fermentation, gut metagenomics, probiotics, enzymes, etc. as well as EXCELLENT interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, please review the position description below:
This person will be responsible for the following:
Supporting the sales and market efforts by providing
- summaries and details of clinical trials
- summaries and details of in vitro, in vivo etc. trials
- properties and benefits of our probiotics
- translating the clinical science into health claims
- providing technical presentation internally and externally
- Participate as the scientific “expert” in customer visits
- Acting as the voice of the customer to R&D clinical research group providing valuable information on study design
- Facilitate contacts with academic research groups
- Support formulation of new blended products
- Manage and run smaller a few small R&D activities
- Protect new data/science/ideas against potential patent applications
- Perform competitive analysis
- Maintain current knowledge of global trends R&D within the field of probiotics
- Top-notch presentation, communication and interpersonal skills. Should genuinely enjoy customer interaction
- PhD in microbiology, cell biology, fermentation technology or other relevant scientific area. . Will consider Masters
- Five+ years of research and industry experience (dietary supplements, pharma, functional food)
- Collaborative, intellectually curious, creative problem solver
Compensation: Base salary, plus excellent benefits.