Business Development Manager – Food/Nutrition (BH 1000)
Our client is a well-resourced start-up–the result of a joint venture between two more established companies who saw a synergy in their products and applications. They are at the very beginning stages of moving into what is already a $150mm market (and growing). They are seeking a true new business development manager who would thrive on getting in on a green field, ground floor opportunity like this. Their products are technical, functional ingredients for application in the food, beverage and nutrition markets.
- Location – Home office based anywhere in the US preferring the North East or California, where most of the business is.
- Territory – All of the US, 100% new business development. There is no revenue now.
- Travel ~ 70 nights per year
100% new business development in the US – identifying new applications, new customers, opening doors and developing new relationships. They have a solid list of targets and have already seen some quick sales.
- 5-15 years of sales experience with a good track record. This person should have experience in functional food ingredients sold based on their nutritional health benefits.
- The person does not have to have a tech degree or MBA, but both are a plus.
- The key to this position is someone who is truly entrepreneurial and wants to be involved in a start up from the ground up.
- The person should be resourceful and independent and happy to go after information on their own because there is not yet an infrastructure to support them.
- Needs to be flexible and “go with the flow” because the company is changing and dynamic.
- Any kind of language experience is a plus but not required. They are targeting some other regions of the world.
Why Consider This Job/Company?
- Solid base salary plus very lucrative commissions.
- Opportunity for robust career advancement as the company grows.
- Unlike other start-ups, this one is lower risk as they are not operating on a shoestring budget; rather, they have ample resources and commitment from two well established firms.