Sr. Account Manager – Eastern Canada (BH 1008)
Our client is a rapidly growing, privately held clean technology company, poised for significant growth. They have extensive capacity now and are doubling it by the end of the year. As a result, they are seeking a new business development manager/account manager to expand sales.
- Home-office based in eastern Canada. The three best locations are Sarnia, Montreal and Toronto.
- Will cover current and prospective accounts located in the United States (East of the Mississippi), eastern Canada (Ontario and Quebec).
- Willingness to travel 50%+ of the time. Occasional travel to Europe as needed and appropriate for trade shows and industry events.
Products/Markets: Proprietary plastic polymers used in broad industrial applications such as asphalt roofing and roads, plastic processing, composites and polymer compounding.
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets
- Develop and execute account development and territory management plans to achieve sales targets
- Engage with customers (active, prospects) to understand their business needs and objectives
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Manage distributor relationships as needed and appropriate to expand sales
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Understand market-specific trends and recommend how to position GreenMantra products as solutions to market trends
- Advocate internally for the customer
- Actively participate in the development and execution of strategic business and market plan to achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Report on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts
- Active contributor to weekly and/or monthly team meetings with sales team and leadership
- Track sales team metrics and report data to leadership on a regular basis
- Embody company culture and maintain high employee engagement
- Support and expand, as appropriate, usage of CRM and other sales reporting functions
Ideal, but not required: Ten + years of experience, plus technical degree and experience in an R&D lab, + new business development experience with plastic polymers sold to industrial applications
- Ten+ years of experience, technical degree, plus technical service background/ customer interface in polymers or other specialty products
- Ten plus years of ANY kind of specialty chemicals sales experience—not just polymers and not just plastics.
- Bachelor’s degree; chemical, engineering, technical degree preferred. Business with complementary experience acceptable
- 10+ years combined experience
- Ideal background includes some diversity in function: business / product management, technical service, applications development, sales / key account management,
- Preference for a polymer additives and / or specialty chemical portfolio
- Previous experience promoting new products or developing new market adoption and success
- Previous experience with products and / or applications related to asphalt roofing, paving / roads, plastic processing and composites, compounding and masterbatch
- Proven ability to position and differentiate products against competitors
- Self-starter, self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Hardworking, persistent, and dependable
- Positive and enthusiastic
- Willingness to travel 50%+ of time