Account Manager /Sr. Account Manager-Industrial Chemicals -Midwest (BH 1012)
Our client, a privately held manufacturer of a wide variety of industrial chemicals, is seeking an Account Manager or Sr. Account Manager in the Midwest to sell direct and through distribution.
- Industrial chemicals sold into a wide variety of industries.
- Very broad market coverage: HI&I, Oil, AG, Metal working, CASE, Emulsion polymerization and Construction, etc.
- Home-officed based in any major metro area near a good airport in the Midwest
- 50% overnight travel.
- Exact territory TBD by candidate and market expertise they bring, Approximately $10mm in responsibility.
- Manage and expand existing customer accounts.
- Distribution management
- Develop strong customer relationships
- Identify and meet customer needs
- Calling in-depth at account including Purchasing, Operations and R&D
- Manage pricing as directed by Director of Sales and Marketing
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Obtain and communicate customer forecasts to management
- Communicate internally, market developments or trends and competitive activity. Typical communication includes Call Reports.
- Identify target accounts and develop implementation plan to obtain new business.
- Identify new opportunities at existing accounts
- Identify new prospects
- Support new product launches
- Ideal background: technical degree and solid sales track record in chemical sales in any of above industries.
- Should be strong in closing new business.
- Someone without a technical degree or someone in tech service/inside sales if they have very strong sales aptitude.
- Base and up to 30% in bonus (30% of annual salary)
- Car allowance
Why Consider This Job/Company?
- Calm and reasonable environment — not a pressure cooker.
- Small company. Nimble and flexible to respond to customer needs.
- Visibility: Sales reps can see their impact on the bottom line
- Less bureaucratic, faster communication and better service than their competitors
- They have some unique capabilities for niche markets
- They offer a solid Technology and Product Development team to support sales reps
- Growing at 5-10% each year. They have more than doubled in size in the last 10 years.