Regulatory & Scientific Affairs Manager – Northwest (BH 1014)
A manufacturer of nutritional ingredients used in dietary supplement applications, is seeking a Regulatory Manager in the Seattle area.
- Based outside of Seattle, WA
- Approximately 3 trips per year to Sweden and 4 or 5 throughout N. & S. America for various trade events.
- Will be involved with setting strategy for guiding products to launch.
- We’ll help identify gaps in research for existing products
- Will not be involved with quality. This company keeps quality and regulatory departments very separate. Will interact with sales and marketing and quality to work on claims and labeling.
- Looking for 5 to 10 years of experience in regulatory
- Experience with the FDA either in dietary supplements or in the food market
- Strong preference for familiarity with DSHEA, which is the Dietary Supplement Health and Educational Act.
- A+ Y factor: intelligent, creative, driven, resourceful, and very confident and able to defend their position against customers or sales reps who may want to push on the claims.
- Technical degree such as nutritional science or microbiology or food science with on MS strongly preferred.
Compensation: Healthy base salary, plus up to 7% bonus.
Why Consider This company/This Position?
- They have very unique products that no one else can offer deeply embedded in true clinical science
- They have turn-key offerings: take products from vertical integration
- Company is small, lean and entrepreneurial. Decision making is fast. Limited bureaucracy
- Emphasis on innovation: They launch 1 -2 new products every year.
- Lots of opportunities for advancement
- Leadership is strong and cohesive.
- Due to the nature of the company being mid-sized, Individuals have more influence
- Internal values include speaking your mind and being team-orientation