Sales Director, Functional Ingredients – Home Office Based, US (BH 1023)
Probiotics sold to food and nutrition manufacturers.
- Develop and manage annual sales budget to meet or exceed company goals
- Develop and implement pricing strategy to achieve gross margin priorities to align with global organizational goals.
- Participate as a senior leader in key business meetings
- Build, manage and optimize a sales organization as the company evolves and grows: Manage, develop, and mentor a highly capable sales team that supports the mission and core values of the organization
- Current team consists of five account managers across the US as well as two customer service reps
- 10-15 years of commercial experience commercial experience in functional ingredients or flavors.
- Proven track record of driving and coaching sales people.
- Must have managed a sales team.
- Experienced managing an opportunity pipeline, using a system/metrics, should be key milestone driven
- Experienced in working for a manufacturer or contract manufacturer,
- Should be thorough and detail-oriented.
- Experienced in both ingredients for B2B and finished products for B2C/retail would be ideal, though not required
- Any private label experience is beneficial
- Experience with Sales Force would be a plus.
- Home-office based anywhere near major metro airport.
- Travel will be around 50%. It could be more in the first several months, then should drop back to less than 50%
Compensation: Base, plus bonus of 25-50%.
Why Consider This Opportunity?
- They have very unique products that no one else can offer with true clinical/ scientific claims support
- Company is small, lean and entrepreneurial. Decision making is fast. They can be nimble.
- Products are varied, interesting and innovative: They launch new products frequently.
- Robust advancement opportunities. This position is a result of a promotion, but they are also creating expansion positions on a regular basis.
- Excellent incentive pay plan.