Regional Sales Manager, Food/Nutrition – Chicago (BH 1053)
Our client, a leading distributor of food ingredients, is looking for a Regional Sales Manager for the Chicago market. This position will include Regional and Key Account sales responsibilities in a local Chicagoland territory with almost no overnight travel. Working from a home office, this newly created position will focus on fostering existing and creating new long-term relationships with food accounts in the Chicago area.
- Tech degree-Food Science is highly preferred
- Worked in R&D and/or product development
- 3 plus years’ outside sales experience in the food/nutrition industry (sales into any of these markets will work: meat, confection, dairy, beverage, nutrition)
Compensation: Generous base salary, company car, unlimited commissions/bonuses and great benefits including profit sharing.
Location/Territory/Travel: All customers and targets are in the Chicago area. There will be occasional travel for meetings and misc. trade shows, but the sales territory will have almost ZERO overnight travel.
- This is a great opportunity for someone who has a technical background, has several years of sales experience in the food industry but is tired of traveling all the time.
- The company has a long-standing sales philosophy of relationship and service first, rather than chasing a purchase order from a customer.
- The sales team has massive internal support, patient senior management that knows that it takes time to develop solid relationships with customers.
- Compensation is very lucrative.