Application Scientist, Bakery – MI (BH 1070)
Our client, a global organization with over 2000 employees and 60 sites worldwide, is seeking a creative food scientist with the courage to take risks, a track record of innovation and excellent people-skills for a highly visible role.
The Application Scientist will focus on product development for bakery and provide technical expertise both internally and to customers.
- BS in Food Science or closely related is required; advanced degree preferred
- 5 years technical experience with significant focus on bakery applications and formulation development
- Strong communication skills are required; customer facing experience is a plus
- Develop new bakery applications, compounds and formulations
- Support the sales and marketing team with technical information and custom applications.
- Travel with sales team to customers to demonstrate the benefits of client products
Travel: up to 20%
- To work in a creative and entrepreneurial environment
- To further develop expertise in bakery formulation, specifically ingredient functionality with fibers and hydrocolloids
- To address key issues / trends in the food industry; low carb, plant based, etc.
- To develop and expand relationship networks with customers and colleagues both in US and Globally
- Be the “go to” to person for all things bakery for customers and sales force
- Work in area that is growing and provides visibility within the company