Personal Care Account Manager – California (BH 1036)
Our client, a fast-growing distributor of specialty chemicals, is seeking an Account Manager for advancement to sales manager in a few years.
Specialty chemicals sold into personal care applications
Home office based in south Orange County, San Diego to cover S. CA and a few accounts in Arizona.Virtually no overnight travel.
- Achieve profitable revenue growth, including robust new business development, at the same time maintaining existing sales.
- Achieve stated gross margin targets through the revenue growth above, combined with best practice pricing management and product line mix.
- Develop, execute and manage sales plans, sales budgets, and expense budgets.
- Prospecting & new business development centered on specialty products and high growth applications.
- Establish, track and close new business targets consistent with long-term growth objectives, documented and updated in CRM weekly.
- Customer and supplier interface accountability include meetings and frequent interaction with both Purchasing and R&D, training, industry events and strategic entertainment.
- Work both directly and cooperatively with channel partners to close business based on customer’s purchasing requirements.
- Create and maintain CRM data and sales statistics as required – including sales calls, pipelines, customer contacts, supplier joint projects, and competitive pricing requests.
- Maintain and share Outlook calendar for work activities that are used for sales statistics and joint collaboration with Sales Manager.
- Work with Technical Service, Customer Service, Sales Manager, Segment Manager and Supplier Partners to ensure customer requirements and satisfaction are met.
- Proven ability to interact effectively across functions and levels at customers, suppliers and internally
- Looking for a future manager- with leadership and ambition, high potential candidate.
- Prefers proven track record in personal care sales.
- May consider someone out of tech service with extraordinary sales aptitude and drive though promotion track will be a bit slower for this candidate.
- Contract negotiation skills and experience.
Why Consider This Job/Company?
- Extraordinary performance pay potential-uncapped. This territory is fairly small with a lot of growth potential and commission is based on growth in territory.
- Excellent advancement opportunities: Company is growing fast and is looking for leadership at all levels.