Area Sales Manager, Crop Protection – CA (BH 1110)
Our client, a global manufacturer to the Pharma, Biotech and Specialty Ingredients market, is looking for an Area Sales Manager to help drive their US business focused on products for crop protection.
- Build up business in US based on a portfolio of current and expected crop protection products
- Budget – Deliver the area’s budgeted revenue, margin, and volume.
- Relationship Management – Maintain and develop relationships with key distributors, retailers, PCAs, and growers within the area.
- Account Planning – Author, maintain, and utilize comprehensive account plans for any / all strategic customers within the area.
- Market Intelligence – Continuously monitor, analyze, and report on competitive activities, new business opportunities, regulatory developments, customer perceptions, and market needs. Author and distribute timely, comprehensive communications for all pertinent customer and market activities.
- 10+ years in the crop protection industry (experience with herbicides, insecticides, fungicides for fruit, nuts or vegetables).
- Previous sales experience preferred, but open to someone coming out of technical service if they have the capacity and desire to sell.
- Degree in Agronomy, Agriculture or related area preferred, but not required.
- Broad agro knowledge and commercial experience in Crop Protection; proven track record of successfully driving business a plus.
- Flexible and dynamic approach to accomplish goals: strong self-motivation and ability to inspire others, solid team-building approach.
Location/Travel: Home based, needs to be within a couple hours of Fresno, CA, ideally 1 hour.
Compensation: Attractive base salary plus competitive bonus, car allowance and excellent benefits.
Why Consider This Job/Company?
- Exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a newer business unit within a huge global manufacturer.
- There will be a designated technical support person who will educate and train you, as well as the customers.
- Company is committed to becoming prominent in this area. They understand that it’s going to take awhile for the growth to take hold and therefore their expectations are very realistic.
- Very defined advancement opportunities.