Regional Sales Manager, Industrial -Midwest (BH 1156)
Our client, a global silicone leader, is seeking an experienced, technically adept sales professional for a new growth role.
- 5+ years’ chemical sales experience, preferably in industrial applications
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to be both self-directed and able to work effectively with a team.
- Proven ability to work closely with customer and in-house R&D and develop expertise in relevant chemistries.
- Technical degree and technical experience highly preferred; demonstrated technical sales ability may offset the need for a technical degree.
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Direct Silicone experience is a plus but not required
Midwest base is ideal, around 50% travel.
Attractive base salary plus bonus, car allowance with mileage, competitive benefits and 401K.
Why Consider This Job/Company?
- This company is extremely stable and has not experienced layoffs or downsizing.
- Sales people have a great deal of influence and help drive the direction and future offerings of the business.
- Collegial atmosphere where the leadership team has a unified vision and honestly like each other.
- There is a lot of potential to move up and this role is in part succession planning – there is also the opportunity to carve out new markets and business areas
- While territories may overlap, sales people have their own customers and they can sell the entire product line to any division in the company (even though they may be an industrial sales person they can sell Personal Care or Elastomer if their customer has a need).
- Company assigns and divides territories to maximize coverage and success – starter territory will usually be 4 -5 million.