Director of Operations (BH 1167)
Our client, a fast growing Industrial Chemical supplier, is seeking a Director of Operations based out of Orange County, California.
- Manage existing and future operations; responsibilities will grow with the company
- Provide direction to the warehouse manager, staff and drivers
- Approve outgoing orders and ensure proper inventory and drivers available to ensure delivery of goods
- Ensures proper allotment and routing of transportation
- Assist in creating SOP’s and standardizing budgets
- Manage truck drivers’ schedules; prioritize timing of shipments, routes taken and scheduling to minimize overtime
- Make executive decisions on the order and timing in which orders are fulfilled and shipped.
- Request and review weekly inventory summaries
- Keep track of lot/batch numbers and communicate inventory requirements, shortages or discrepancies with senior leadership
- Review and approve sample request; assign fulfillment processing the task to a CSR
- Communicate openly and regularly, providing needed information in a concise and timely manner
- Ensure excellent customer service and a high customer satisfaction level
- 5+ years in a relevant chemical industry role
- Experience overseeing transportation, logistics and warehouse management
- Excellent communication skills
- A desire for continual professional growth and the ability to function effectively in a lean organization
Compensation: Attractive base salary
Why Consider This Job/Company?
- This is an extremely fast-growing dynamic organization.
- This is an opportunity to get on board while they are experiencing explosive growth.
- Extraordinary career advancement opportunities as they will need leaders in all areas as they grow.
- The company has a unique open-minded approach to the business and empowering the growth of their team members.
- We have spoken to people who have bought from them in the industry who said that they are terrific to work with—very customer focused.
- They have a lot of resources to put behind their growth and are serious about investing in the business.