Business Development: Food – Southeast (BH 1194)
Our client, a well respected chemical provider, is seeking a Business Development Manager to identify new opportunities in the food market, including food ingredients, food chemicals and sanitation chemicals.
Location/Travel: Home based in the Southeast. Overnight travel depends on where the person is located, but would be around 35%.
- Experience selling food ingredients, food chemicals or sanitation chemicals strongly preferred.
- Will also look at individuals coming out of food production such as Production Supervisors, Sanitation Managers, Plant Managers, Shift Supervisors etc. out of dairy plants if there is a clear disposition for sales (drive, social personality, leadership, competitive spirit, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university preferred; technical or marketing degree a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in a food industry.
- Proven experience selling in business to business industry.
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with the person’s experience and track record. New bonus structure, based on % of margin is very lucrative. Person can double their base salary in bonus! Excellent benefits, too.
Why Consider This Opportunity?
- Long lead times required by other suppliers are eliminated.
- Consistently voted one of the Best Workplaces in their region (6 out of last 7 years).
- Very unusual bonus program that rewards top performers very well.
- Positive, warm company culture. People are genuinely nice and authentic.
- Diverse product line makes it easier for sales reps to bring in business.