Business Development, Food – Midwest (BH 1203)
Our client, a well respected chemical provider, is seeking a Business Development Manager to identify new opportunities in the food market, including food ingredients, food chemicals and sanitation chemicals.
Location/Travel: Home based in the Midwest, ideally Kansas City or surrounding area. Overnight travel depends on where the person is located, but would be around 35%.
- Experience selling sanitation chemicals into meat processing or ready-to-eat meals strongly preferred.
- Experience selling food ingredients, food chemicals or sanitation chemicals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university preferred; technical or marketing degree a plus.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience working in a food industry.
- Proven experience selling in business to business industry.
Compensation: Base salary commensurate with the person’s experience and track record. Bonus structure, based on % of margin can be quite lucrative. Extraordinary benefits including pension and PS!
Why Consider This Opportunity?
- Long lead times required by other suppliers are eliminated.
- Consistently voted one of the Best Workplaces in their region (6 out of last 7 years).
- Very unusual bonus program that rewards top performers very well.
- Positive, warm company culture. People are genuinely nice and authentic.
- Diverse product line makes it easier for sales reps to bring in business.