Senior Scientist – WI (BH 1213)
Our client is a revolutionary materials science company using technology that focused on making plastics lighter, stronger and more sustainable. They are seeking an experienced Senior Scientist with a background in polymer materials development who will be focused on developing and commercializing the polymers portfolio.
Products/Applications/Markets: Plastic polymers used in thermo plastic and film applications for the end use in packaging: pouches, labels and bags.
Location/Territory/Travel: Must base out of central WI facility. No overnight travel.
Requirements: IDEAL: Someone with experience with thermoplastic polymers, ideally with packaging applications who wants to be a scientist and enjoys the hands-on work of reading white papers and running experiments.
- Masters or PhD degree in the field of polymer materials science, polymers engineering, chemical engineering, or related field and experience with at least 8 years of relevant polymers and processing experience
- Experience in plastics polymers product development from bench top through commercial scale, and has good understanding of needs at each level
- Deep understanding of polymer chemistry and polymer interactions with the subsequent implications these hold for end-products
- Working and theoretical knowledge of thermoplastic extrusion and polymer behavior during the extrusion processing
- Knowledgeable in areas of Design of Experiment (DOE) and performance testing of thermoplastics materials, preferably in films, although sheets and injection molding acceptable.
- Customer facing experience considered beneficial
- Analytical skills: Able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Creative; able to think creatively to solve complex challenges.
Why Consider This Job/Company?
- Company has a very innovative proprietary technology for developing plastic that is much lighter weight but equally strong which makes it less expensive and more environmentally friendly.
- This person is getting in early in the process. This company has aggressive growth plans and a lot of interest in the market with several trials already started with potential customers.
- The company is already looking beyond packaging applications. Career development opportunities are robust.