Regulatory Specialist – Northwest Chicago (BH1210)
Our client is a large global chemical company seeking a Regulatory Specialist in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago.
Summary: They are looking for someone with both import and export experience to oversee their daily compliance activities. This person will structure and manage the regulatory process.
- Responsible for developing a quality/audit program.
- Responsible for the execution of daily operational tasks as they relate to trade compliance, including handling broker requests related to the import and export of products.
- Audit and manage record-keeping systems for accuracy and compliance with CBP and EPA regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Conduct internal audits of NSM’s trade compliance processes to assure compliance effectiveness and identify areas of weakness for improvement.
- Collaborate with other departments and employees involved in the import or export of goods to provide training, guidance, and direction with respect to compliance.
- Ensure full compliance for import transactions including monitoring, record keeping and auditing.
- Ensure full compliance for export transactions including completion of export documentation, issuance of shipper’s letter of instruction, filing of electronic export information and export record retention.
- Act as the primary collaborate with NSM’s customs broker and freight forwarders on import and export issues. Monitor performance of brokers and forwarders against company policy and key metrics.
- Respond to inquiries regarding classification, duty rates, documentation requirements, or other import issues to ensure timely clearance.
- Maintains all required files and records.
- Identify accurate classification of items for import purposes and verify import tariff codes are correct.
- Check export restrictions and ECCN (Export Control Classification Number).
- Assist NHA Regulatory in the application process for rulings on tariff code numbers.
- Assist NHA Regulatory in the application process for export notifications, licenses, and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN).
- Check for changes to existing tariff code numbers or duty rates.
- Obtain SDS, CAS numbers and other necessary compliance documentation and information from suppliers. Verify that supplier documentation is compliant.
- Maintain and update electronic files to interface with ERP system. System feeds order entry with regulatory information to alert of regulatory flags.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant regulatory experience.
- Solid understanding of trade compliance regulations (Trade compliance certifications or licenses a plus).