General Manager, Cheese Manufacturing – Wisconsin (BH 1218)
Our client is growing! They are seeking a General Manager to be responsible for managing and directing two cheese manufacturing plants along with overall responsibility for production, distribution, customer service, maintenance, and product quality. This position reports to the CEO.
Brief overall summary of daily responsibilities and goals.
- Working in a Food Manufacturing Plant
- Will be responsible for two plants at the same location.
- Manage a team of 75-100 employees. Direct and indirect reports including 4-5 managers/supervisors.
- Develop and execute the company’s business strategies in order to attain the goals of the Board of Directors.
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plant to facilitate achievement by planning cost-effective operations and market development activities.
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with customers, vendors and all levels of staff at both plants.
- Direct production control operations to ensure the operating needs of the company are met.
- Inspire confidence within all employees and overcome resistance while promoting a team environment.
- Should be a hands-on leader who walks the production floor and take responsibility for the team, processes, improvements, etc.
- Will be responsible for maintaining SQF certification, safety and compliance.
- Will oversee supply chain, inventory, the lab, milk intake, scheduling, prioritizing and some purchasing.
- Will identify and implement new systems and technologies, such as supply chain/inventory software.
- Identify and share training opportunities for staff to build and improve individual and team skills.
- Ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- Must maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in dairy or business preferred with advance knowledge of cheese manufacturing.
- A minimum of 5 years of job related experience in the industry.
- A proven record of leading operational teams and the development and achievement of strategic corporate goals.
- Unquestionable Integrity.
- Above average organizational and interpersonal skills as well as above average communication skills including written, verbal and computer programs knowledge.
- Ability to set long term goals and communicate them to others.
- Cares deeply about the success of the company, their teammates and goes above and beyond what is expected of them.
- Is numbers driven, has proven experience setting and following success metrics, analyzing data and communicating decisions that are rooted in numbers. Proficiency in SQL is preferred.
- Has strong attention to detail, insistence on thorough accountability and rigorous systems mindset.
- Be a manager who can influence people to accept change and adapt to new ideas, procedures and policies but in a sensitive way. These are long-standing, loyal employees.
- Strong preference for knowledge of whey processing.
- Comfortable with conflict, taking responsibility for proactively addressing and solving issues.
- This client produces a unique natural product, using locally supplied milk from many dairy farms and the artistry of their cheesemakers.
- This is a very rare opportunity to walk into an organization that is genuinely committed to change. Both the leadership and the team members are very invested in modernizing and improving the plant, the product, and the processes.
- Leadership involvement from an active CEO and Board of Directors who will provide big picture vision and support.
- Can make a significant difference; This person will be overseeing substantial changes that will have a huge impact on the business and the people who work there.
- The leadership team is personable, passionate, and authentic. The current team consists of a lot of people who have been there for decades. They are good employees, but they are hungry for guidance and leadership. This person will walk into a cooperative team that is ready to embrace change and follow a strong leader.