Commercial Product Manager (BH1174)
Our client, a leading global supplier to the food and nutrition industries, is seeking a product manager. This person will focus on the vitamins, ascorbates category and will manage and support sales by identifying market trends, working with suppliers and developing pricing strategies to grow the business.
Responsible for the overall performance of their product portfolio, driving sustainable growth for the business. Will lead the design and execution of the product strategy, including portfolio management and pricing. Extensive interaction with cross-functional teams as well as customers.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Strategic Planning
- Product Line profitability
- Portfolio Management
- Sourcing and Procurement
- Distribution Optimization
- Direct customer interaction alongside sales team
- Must currently live in the Chicago area
- 5+ years sales experience in food/nutrition ingredients with proven experience in setting strategy
- Proven success in a team environment
- Proven ability to manage and influence others
- 30-40% overnight travel
Compensation: Generous base salary plus uncapped commissions, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Why Consider This Opportunity?
- Product Managers essentially run their own business with P&L responsibility for their category. Our client is a global leader in their market space.
- Critical role within the organization.
- Very diverse product line and market segments which protects them in a down economy.