Business Development Director, Personal Care – Northeast (BH1387)
We are seeking a person with a strong technical background and strong sales experience in the personal care market for our client, a global specialty chemical company.
Products and Markets: Natural, specialty ingredients/actives used in personal care
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related technical life sciences discipline.
- 10+ years technical and commercial experience in the personal care industry, with a focus on skincare.
- 3+ years in formulating/R&D with personal care products
- Demonstrated capability to prepare, develop and conduct technical/commercial presentations to customers and the technical community.
- Good understanding of market trends and ability to use this knowledge while talking
- Strong preference for 5+ years in a customer-facing role (Business Development, Technical Sales, Marketing).
- Proactively identify, develop, and close new business development opportunities with existing and new customers in coordination with the sales team to enable profitable growth.
- Establish credibility and expand professional network with formulators and scientists at key customers from bench chemists to senior decision-makers to ensure early access to customer opportunities and briefs.
- Create and deliver technical trainings for sales, and distributors as needed on strategic product portfolios.
- Provide technical support and market expertise for customers and sales force as needed.
Location: Northeast based with preference to NY, NJ, or PA.
Territory: 1/2 of US with focus in the Northeast
Travel: From 20 to 35% based on proximity to NY
Why Consider This Job/Company?
- Allows for a great deal of independence in growing the opportunity pipeline.
- Very visible, important role for the organization and your performance will have a significant impact on the business.
- Company has fresh leadership and vision. This person will come aboard just as the company is transforming.
- This is a chance to be a part of that very positive change.
- Generous base and performance pay.