Principal Manager, Personal Care (BH1431)
Our client, a leader in the North American specialty chemical & ingredient space, is seeking a proven commercial professional who will work within the personal care market developing and managing new supplier relationships.
- Technical Degree preferred, but not required provided candidate has extensive industry experience.
- 7+ years business development and/or commercial experience in personal care.
- Previous experience managing global principal/supplier relationships preferred.
- Previous people management experience preferred.
- Good understanding of supply chain.
- Experience working with or for distributors.
- High level, strategic thinker with strong leadership skills and business acumen.
- Sales Growth – design and drive the principal pipeline
- Communication – strategy plan development, liaise technical support between principals, Sales Representatives, and customers, and determine training needs, marketing activities, and new product launches and coordinate the implementation of these actions
- Interdepartmental Collaboration – work with sales, operations and regulatory departments to communicate supplier expectations of how to best transact business
- Marketing – work with marketing group on Tradeshows, Webinars, Social Media, Website and various campaigns.
Location: Can base in any major metro area
Travel: Approximate overnight travel of 20% – 30%
Why Consider This Job/Company?
- New and exciting time to come on board because company is creating a more centralized, overarching organization and this person will be positioned for growth, advancement, and visibility.
- Their supplier partners are best-in-class.
- They support their customer’s projects from product development to commercialization.
- They offer their customers trusted regulatory support.
- Their product lines are very robust and diverse.
- Company has very strong leadership.
Compensation: Generous base salary plus annual bonus and excellent benefits