Product Manager, Nutrition Ingredients – Chicago (BH1478)
Our client is a leading global supplier to the food and nutrition industries. They are seeking a Product Manager in or around Chicago. This person will be given a specific product category to manage and will support sales by identifying market trends, working with suppliers, and developing pricing strategies to grow the business.
Responsible for the overall performance of their product portfolio, driving sustainable growth for the business. Will lead the design and execution of the product strategy, including portfolio management and pricing. Extensive interaction with cross-functional teams as well as customers.
- Strategic Planning
- Product Line profitability
- Portfolio Management
- Distribution Optimization
- Should currently live in or be willing to move to Chicago area
- Solid product management or sales experience in food/nutrition ingredients with proven experience in setting strategy
- Vitamins experience is strongly preferred: retail experience will not qualify
- Some experience in purchasing product or supplier development
- Proven success in a team environment
- Proven ability to manage and influence others
Why Consider This Opportunity?
- Our client is a global leader in their market space.
- Very diverse product line and market segments which protects them in a down economy.
- Product Managers essentially run their own business with P&L responsibility for their category.